If you work-out regularly, there are specific items that you should always have in your kit bag, which can aid you in the event you suffer an injury. Our body is a complex network of bone, tissue and cartilage and when we exercise, things can, and do, go wrong; it is very easy, for example, to tear or pull a muscle when working out, and with that in mind, here are a few essential items you should pack when going for your daily work-out.
- Bandages and Gauze – It isn’t likely that you will suffer an open wound when pumping iron, however, playing contact sports is a different matter. It is east to graze a knee or elbow when playing, and in such cases, you need to have bandages and some gauze pads, to dress the wound.
- Support Straps – If you’re lifting weights, aside from your belt, you might require knee or wrist support, so always have a few straps in your bag, just in case.
- One Bottle of Saline Solution – In the event you do suffer an open wound, you can wash the wound in saline solution, prior to applying gauze and a bandage. Cotton wool can be used to apply the saline solution, which is the best way to prevent infection.
- Deep Heat – Either in a spray or lotion format, deep heat is ideal for strained and tired muscles and an application can prevent a more serious injury. You can apply deep heat after your warm-down, which will keep your muscles in good condition.
- Ice Packs – If you search online, you can find BodyICE perineal ice packs that are ideal to reduce inflammation, plus they can also be used as hot pads, and taking a couple out of the freezer as you leave for the gym will ensure that you have a cold press if needed.
- Chalk – If you are lifting heavy weights, chalk will really help with grip, and while most gyms do supply chalk, it is a good idea to have your own, just in case.
- Back Support Belt – If the weights you are lifting require it, you should have a special weightlifter’s belt that offers lower back support.
- Towel & Personal Hygiene Products – After a shower, you can apply some deodorant and maybe a little cologne, plus a small bottle of mouthwash to keep your breath fresh. It is essential to shower after a heavy work out, as you are all sweaty.
- Skin Cream – It is a good idea to cover your body in skin cream after you have showered, as this replenishes the essential natural oils you will lose during the work-out.
- Wipes – These handy little things are very refreshing and can clean your hands quickly, should you wish to in the middle of your routine.
If you have all of the above when you work-out or play a sport, you have everything you need to cover any injury or discomfort that might occur.